Challenge: Make a composition from two words which are opposite in meaning. Your goal is to convey the meaning of the words using only the letters of the two words.
- In your drawing, you can only include the letters of the two words (as many times as you want).
- You can use only black, white, and shades of gray.
- You can use as many fonts and font styles (bold, italic…) as you want.
- You can use Illustrator tools to alter fonts as necessary to convey the meaning of the words.
Objectives: Students will be able to...
- represent the meaning of the words through the arrangement and design of the letters of the words.
- create a composition that takes into account the entire page.
- choose fonts that add to a viewer’s understanding of the meaning of the words.
- alter fonts in ways that make sense for the piece.