Challenge: Make an abstract drawing using only your initials (2 or 3 letters). Try to create a drawing in which a viewer will notice shapes before he or she notices letters.
- You may use only your initials. You may repeat each of your initials as many times as you want.
- Do not spell out any words.
- Use at least three fonts, and any styles (ex: bold, italic) that you want.
- You can flip and rotate letters, but you can’t smush or stretch them.
Objectives: Students will be able to...
- make a composition that takes into account the entire artboard.
- view type as shapes rather than as components of words.
- create contrast in their drawings by including variety of fonts and font sizes.
- create a drawing made up of letters.
- create a balanced composition.
- make a well-crafted drawing using Illustrator.