Project: Patterns, Part 1
Challenge: Make four repeating patterns, each inspired by a different word.
- Use both color and shape to reflect the word that inspires the pattern.
- The four patterns should look different from each other.
- At least one pattern should include overlapping shapes.
- At least one pattern should include transparency.
- At least one pattern should include contrasting-sized shapes.
- You may not include stars.
Objectives: Students will be able to...
- make a repeating pattern.
- make a visual artwork inspired by and representing a word.
- make four patterns that look different from each other.
- work within the confines of an assignment with rules.
- create a complex pattern.
- make a well-crafted drawing using Illustrator.